Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Letter of Apology

Dear Nuha, Raina, Raisa and Supermama,

As you may or may not be aware, the World Cup will be starting in a few days time. World Cup is a big big event that only happens once every four years. And many people all over the world will stop everything they do so that they can concentrate on the World Cup. Well you see,  I am also like those people. Many times you will see me stuck in front of the TV, not moving but always yelling for no apparent reasons. And for that reasons I would like to apologise to you in advance.

I’m sorry, if I woke you up in the middle of the night with my GOOAAALLL!! scream but did not come into the room quickly enough when you cry for me. You see, they will show the replays after every goal and I cannot miss that in order for me to discuss the important details with my friends the next day. I will come to soothe you in 10 minutes ok, unless somebody scored another goal.

I’m sorry, if your milk formula taste weird. Sometimes I get confused and cannot remember how many scoops I put in, especially when there’s an important game showing on TV like Spain or Argentina.

I’m sorry, if you peed on the bed and on your twin sister because I forgot to put on a new diaper for you when I took off the soiled one.

I’m sorry, if I got very sleepy in the morning and I took you to the mamak shop for teh tarik instead of to your tae-kwan-do class. I’m sure you can still kick ass even though you miss a couple of classes.

I’m sorry, if I tossed you up in the air like I always do but forgot to catch you back.

I’m sorry, if I call you Torres, Messi and Van Persie instead of your real names because sometimes names got mixed up especially when I’m looking at the TV while talking to you.

I’m sorry, if I kiss and hug  the TV more than I kiss and hug you.

I hope you know that although it might feel differently for the next four weeks, I love all of you very much more than it is possible to love another human being, like Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard or Mascherano. You are more precious, treasured and cherished. I am grateful every day for the gift of being your father and I could not have asked for a more perfect children. I pray that someday you will understand what happened during this time and that you will be forgiving of the many yells and oops that were made. Most importantly, I just pray that you always know how much you are loved. Now, move a bit please, and let me watch the games in peace.

spainface

Love,

Abah

p.s To all mommies out there, on behalf of all the daddies I would like to say that we are sorry for the neglect, our insensitivities and overall moronic behaviours that you’ll have to endure for the next 4 weeks. Blame it on the fever. the World Cup fever. yeah!!

2 comments:

  1. can I reproduce this letter for my own use :)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wei Mr.H, go ahead and use it as you see fit. Just one thing! don't expect me to come and fetch you if the said letter resulted in you having to sleep on the sofa, or even worse, on the balcony. haha.

    ReplyDelete

No Right Click